Monday, January 6, 2014

Devotion



Devotion
Daybreak came creeping across the opened windows rousing us from slumber; our bodies still entangled from a night of blissful lovemaking, but the light of the morning’s sun had broken the spell
 Your seductive hands traveled over my body, as it arched in pleasure in remembrance of the night
 Murmured, seductive words of hungered devotion you whispered softly, as our desire for each other became stronger with every movement of our bodies
 How I ached for it to be real again, for the curtains to shield us from the light, and the music would play its soft melody,  and I would lie helplessly in your warm embrace, you brushed the tiny strands of hair from my face
 Mornings were truly my awakening, for it was all a fantasy, a cruel and deliberate hoax the night had played, and I had been its puppet
 A dream made from the mind of a foolish dreamer, never to be relived; except for in a dream
 You took her hand in marriage, I took his, and the tender words of hungered devotion whispered softly so long ago, still comfort me

No comments: