Monday, January 6, 2014

Shadows



Shadows
Time was moving on like the winding rivers that flow toward the oceans, where they seek comfort in its cradling strength
 I found myself being carried along with it, drifting aimlessly in the current
I wanted to feel alive again, to feel the cool mist of the water spraying against my face, and settle into the thin lines that proved I existed, but really never lived
I often felt as if I had lived my life as a shadow, without the emotions that constricts the mind
 Occasionally I would reach out and touch the images of my elusive shadows that lingered around me, in hopes that in that moment I would find herself, to become whole againwhat emotion can you touch when your empty spirit has forsaken you?
How can you re-live what is lost?
Oh, the sorrow that is felt when you realize you have moved on without your spirit, like the winding rivers do, never to have stayed long enough to enjoy the beauty they passed through, or stay for the setting
 Minutes always seemed to tick away, and I pass through them, and wait for no one
Play, shadows on the wall, sway to the music that drifts in the air and let me feel alive again

No comments: