Monday, January 6, 2014

Melting



Melting

I sat atop my lofty pedestal, reveling in generous praise offered by strangers
And I, in my tormented mind of thought, would fall from their intended grace, for I did not seek their admiration, but who was I without it?

I would take their hand, and smile politely as I wandered around the room and my beleaguered thoughts captured my being, to warn me of impending doom

I saw myself floating gracefully down, giving the wind its honor

And, I would melt slowly, into the icy puddles of layered snow
My bones would become chilled and I would shudder, the fear would bit at my flesh and crawl into my very being to freeze my soul
I would cry, and fall into the clutches of despair and I would mourn
I would choke back the tears that welled in my eyes and the pain in my heart
And beg for the curtains to be drawn around me, till I would cry no more

I would melt

No comments: